Parents joined the staff team at Portland House us for an evening ‘PLAY’ event (Parents, Learning And You) on Wednesday 16th March. The staff team ran several fun activity workshops during the evening, which promoted children’s learning and development across the Early Years Foundation Stage. This gave parents/carers the chance to engage with each other and the nursery, as well as lots of ideas to try at home with their child.
The workshops included:
1. Cooking with young children; fruit and vegetable carving.
2. Healthy Eating and discovering the hidden sugar challenge
3. Green fingers - planting activities indoors and outdoors
4. Heuristic play and treasure baskets
5. Phonics - letters and sounds
6. Brave boys
7. Additional sensory experiences (making play dough, gloop, dark dens)
8. Mark making
In addition to the workshops the parents had the chance to sample some of delights from the new spring menu, there were free book start packs for parents of babies, toddlers and preschool children, and additional information/goodie bags for every family to take home.