Salary: £6.60-£8.80 per hour
Location: Portland House
To work as a member of a team, showing initiative and creativity to foster an environment which encourages the children’s all round development and where high standards of care are provided.
• Be a reliable member of a team, working cooperatively and with flexibility.
• Understand that each child is an individual and have a general understanding of childcare and child development.
• Observe each child’s progress and report on achievements, looking for progression and continuity.
• To support the key worker system and eventually become the key worker for a small group of children
• Develop positive relationships with parents / carers, other staff and outside agencies.
• Assist with the supervision of children at play (indoor and outdoor) and at mealtimes.
• Assist with planning a programme of activities, suitable for the age range of the children, following the guidelines for the implementation of EYFS.
• Assist with the creation of a stimulating and attractive classroom environment.
• Attend parent meetings, be involved in fundraising events and assist with the promotion of the nursery as required.
• Assist with the care, maintenance and security of all equipment and toys within the nursery.
• Attend staff meetings and training sessions as required.
• Be responsible for participating in all self-development activities, including appraisals, supervisions etc.
Health and Safety
• Undertake a shared responsibility for health, safety and cleanliness throughout the nursery.
• Ensure the general cleanliness of the children at all times.
• Adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
• Be fully aware of all emergency and security procedures e.g. fire precautions, security, dropping off and collection of children.
• Operate the highest standard of hygiene and cleanliness in the bedding and nappy changing area and food surface areas.
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures including attendance at meetings and any other duties as required.
• Attend and be involved with, out of working hours activities, e.g. training, parents’ meetings, open days, children’s Christmas party and regular planning/staff meetings.
• Ensure the company’s policies on diversity and equal opportunities are adhered to.
• Be a key person carrying out all related responsibilities in building relationships with a small group of children and their families.
• Portland Nurseries is an equal opportunities employer committed to safeguarding children. DBS check essentialApply for this vacancy