Salary: £35,000 – £40,000
Location: All nurseries
• To provide professional leadership and management to Nursery Managers and their teams, giving the necessary support and guidance to enable them to deliver the highest standards of care and education. • To have full operational responsibility of staff, leading and supporting the teams, reporting to the Managing Directors. • To support in all areas of safeguarding. • Ensure our Ofsted ratings drive quality and each site obtain an Outstanding. • Support timely recruitment of high-quality Early Years qualified staff with focused and effective strategies for engagement and retention. • Performance management of Nursery Managers. • To have responsibility of all key areas: Strategic, Operational, Nursery Management / Administration, HR, Health and Safety, Communication, CPD and Training. • Act as an Ambassador for Portland Nurseries promoting Portland Nurseries’ Ethos, Vision, Core Values and Ambitious Curriculum.
- Support, manage and coach the managers to achieve outstanding environments that support the individual needs of the children.
- Assist in ensuring all managers are successfully inducted into the Portland Nurseries family to achieve outstanding standards of care and education and maintain an effective induction programme for all staff.
- To safeguard the health, well-being and safety of the children within our care.
- Assist all Nursery Managers in managing and achieving all their targets, including quality, occupancy and financial.
- Provide hands-on support as necessary for Ofsted preparation and inspection.
- Assist all Nursery Managers in developing, implementing and achieving their action plans.
- Provide support for longer-term Nursery Manager vacancies across the group.
- Monitor the effectiveness of teaching and learning in all rooms.
- Maintain and monitor all welfare requirements and provide additional support and advice as when necessary.
- Deal with all complaints quickly and effectively in line with the nursery policy and procedure.
- Monitor the equality of access and opportunity in the nurseries.
- Review the implementation of childcare policies for effectiveness.
- Ensure that managers are implementing Health & Safety policies effectively.
- Develop open and positive working relationships with nursery teams.
- Involve nursery teams in decision making.
- Carry out termly reviews in line with the yearly planners, agreeing and reviewing individual targets and objectives with Nursery Managers.
- Provide regular feedback on performance to Nursery Managers.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource UK requirements; staff performance, conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organisation at inquiries and hearings.
- Recruitment of new staff members.
- In conjunction with the Nursery Managers, achieve occupancy targets.
- Ensuring there is a key focus on Learning and Development for all our staff including creation and delivery of essential training, monitoring E-Learning and working collaboratively with our Training Manager.
- Developing and maintaining professional relationships with external agencies and other professionals associated with the nursery.
- Complete audits as and when required.
- Support managers in obtaining fees from parents and carers.
- Arrange for the maintenance of the settings to be maintained and attended to as and when necessary.
- Monitor, coach, support and motivate all team members to enable them to reach their full potential.
- To lead the planning, development and delivery of effective, efficient and sustainable services and act as a key driver in creating an environment where innovation can flourish.
- To update company policies in line with revised legislation or approved practice
- Review the effectiveness of communication between Head Office, nurseries and families.
- To provide onsite support to all new nursery openings and onboard incoming new managers & staff.
- Cover in the rooms as and when needed.
- Any further duties considered reasonable and appropriate for the post holder to carry out
This job description is not exhaustive and is intended to be a guide to the principle duties and responsibilities of the post only. It may be amended at any time with the agreement of the post holder and line manager.
- Company Cash Back Health Care Scheme
- Employee childcare discount
- Wellbeing Day – paid leave
- Further training opportunities
- Continuous Professional development
- Pension Scheme
- Performance Bonus Scheme
- Fuel Allowance
Apply for this vacancy