Salary: £17,000 - £18,500
Location: All nurseries
To work as a member of the nursery team to ensure that all children attending the setting receive high quality care, are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play experiences which meet their individual needs.
Childcare & Education
- Provide high standards of quality within the nursery including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children.
- Observe, support and extend children's learning.
- Plan appropriately for the EYFS and ensure rich and diverse outdoor play experiences are offered
- Maintain accurate and effective children’s records.
- Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
- Demonstrate good practice with regard to special needs and inclusion.
- Ensure that children are kept safe and that staff understand, and when necessary follow, Child Protection Procedures.
- Ensure the nutritional needs of the children are met and Food Safety Regulations are complied with.
- Comply with the statutory framework for the EYFS and relevant legislation including the Children Act 1989 and 2004.
- Develop and maintain highly professional working relationships with advisory teachers, schools, and other agencies that may visit the setting.
- Learn about current developments in childcare and education policy and practice.
- Be a key person carrying out all related responsibilities in building relationships with a small group of children and their families.
Health and Safety
- Undertake a shared responsibility for health, safety and cleanliness throughout the nursery.
- Ensure the general cleanliness of the children at all times
- Adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Be fully aware of all emergency and security procedures e.g. fire precautions, security, dropping off and collection of children.
- Operate the highest standard of hygiene and cleanliness in the bedding and nappy changing area and food surface areas.
- Promote the nursery to current parents and potential customers.
- Work with the manager and inspectors during inspections by regulatory bodies and to assist in the implementation of any recommendations.
- Work as a team with other staff members.
- Support and mentor students.
- Be responsible for participating in all self-development activities including appraisals etc.
- Develop and promote parental partnership and involvement.
- You are expected to attend all staff meetings, parents’ meetings and the children’s’ Christmas Party.
- Undertake other duties as reasonably requested by line management.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Be prepared to undertake additional training and qualifications
- Attend and be involved with, out of working hours activities, e.g. training, parents’ meetings, open days, children’s Christmas party and regular planning/staff meetings.
- Undertake certain domestic jobs within the Nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment and other such duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature as may be determined from time to time by the manager.
NOTE: The Job Description is to provide a clear and concise statement of the MAJOR TASKS and ACTIVITIES of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list of every aspect of the post holder's duties.
Portland Nurseries is an equal opportunities employer committed to safeguarding children. DBS check essential.Apply for this vacancy